Collecting and managing the growing volume of data is integral in today’s age of Industry 4.0. Leveraging IO-Link communication standard provides a powerful infrastructure for collecting the data. IO-Link is a short distance, bi-directional, digital, point-topoint, wired (or wireless), industrial communications networking standard (IEC 61131-9) used for connecting digital sensors and actuators to either a type of industrial fieldbus or a type of industrial Ethernet. IO-Link is the ideal method to obtain status and diagnostic information from proximity sensors.
An IO-Link system consists of an IO-Link master and one or more IO-Link devices, i.e. Sensors or Actuators. The IO-Link master provides the interface to the higherlevel controller (PLC) and controls the communication with the connected IO-Link devices. Leelavati Automation, a provider of automation components, sensor technology, system integration, factory automation, industrial products like sensors, building management systems, etc., provides a complete range of Inductive sensors with IO Link and capacitive sensors with IO link.
Why IO-Link? Benefits
- Communication directly to the field devices: Both cyclic and acyclic data exchange with the higher levels is possible.It also allows bidirectional communication.
- Consistent communication between devices and controller: It enables continuous communication and monitoring of devices and enables access to all process data, diagnostic data and device information at any time.
- Dynamic change of device parameters by the controller, master: It allows change while the device is running. The ability to change parameters or devices without disruptions reduces downtime.
- Simple and Standardized sensor wiring: Fast wiring and re-use of existing wiring is possible.
- Automatic parameter reassignment for device replacement: Device replacement by untrained personnel is possible without additional tools. Plug Play replacement of sensors with reduced downtime for machine changeover.
- Reduces variations and inventory: Flexibility to modify parameters (NO/NC NPN/PNP, time delay, frequency). It reduces inventory and thus reduces cost.
IO Link Functions
The SSC outputs can be set in 3 different modes
• Single Point Mode
• Two Point Mode
• Windows Mode
Logic Function Block
• Gated Set-reset function or
Individually time delays can be added:
• On Delay
• Off Delay
• Timing can be set from 0 to 32’767 units in ”ms”, ”s” or ”min”
Output can be individually configured:
• Normally Open N.O.
• Normally Closed N.C.
The outputs can be configured as: